Andrew L. Ellis is an attorney with Wooton, Davis, Hussell & Ellis, PLLC. Drew leverages a thorough understanding of estate and trust law with extensive experience handling taxation matters to help clients navigate the complex regulations of estate planning and administration.
Drew represents both institutions and individuals in a variety of matters, including transfer of wealth and business succession plans, as well as personal and professional business planning and guidance. His comprehensive knowledge of state and federal income tax matters has enabled him to work with a number of non-profit organizations, advising them through their formation all the way through to procuring their tax exemption status, including the application process. Additionally, his experience working with businesses of all sizes, as well as his knowledge of evolving tax legislation, allow him to offer proactive counseling and planning advice to clients to help achieve their goals and objectives while mitigating their risk along the way.
When litigation becomes necessary, Drew has extensive litigation experience in will contests and misappropriation of funds cases, utilizing his knowledge of estate and trust law to help clients reach successful resolutions. He also handles general litigation matters for clients, ranging from breach of contract matters to real estate disputes. Drew has handled various types of litigation matters throughout the state of West Virginia.
Drew is a member of the West Virginia State Bar (Probate Committee) and the Charleston Estate Planning Council. He earned his B.A. degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College, his law degree from the University of Denver College of Law, and his LL.M. degree from the University of Denver.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- West Virginia Wesleyan College
- "Protecting Supplemental Security Income and Medicaid Eligibility: Special Needs,", Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Litigation, National Business Institute
- "Basic Tax Considerations -- What You Need To,", Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts, National Business Institute
- "IRS Form 1099 Reporting: What You Need to Know,", Lorman Education Services Seminar
- "Matrimonial Asset Protection," 62nd Annual West Virginia Tax Institute
Honors and Awards
- West Virginia Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar, Probate Committee, Member
- Charleston Estate Planning Council, Member
- Plaintiffs' Litigation
- Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trust & Estate Administration
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations
- DUI Defense
- White Collar Crimes
- Business Law & Litigation